By laws and Rules – Adopted 10/10/2000
Changes in the dues require a 2/3 approval by members. Written notice of the proposed change will be sent to members at least one month before a vote is taken at a scheduled meeting.
- Meetings will be held monthly, except in December, on a date agreed to by a majority of the club officers.
- The club shall strive to organize two ATV rides or functions each month, except December. One of these rides shall be in the local Las Vegas area.
- Dues will be $50 per year per family, including minor children.
- Dues are $50 per family, payable on January 1 until December 31. If you join in November or December, the dues will include the following year.
- A person cannot attend more than two rides or functions each year without joining.
- Any person can join the club upon filling out an application, paying the dues, and signing an Acknowledgment of Risk form.
- Members can be removed from the club by a majority vote of the other members. Dues will not be refunded to anyone removed from membership. The behaviors for which a member can be removed include, but are not limited to:
- Endangering themselves and/or others with unsafe behavior.
- Refusal to follow the instructions of the trip leader.
- Riding in illegal areas or trails.
- Damaging natural resources.
- Riding while under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- Repeated rowdy or disruptive behavior at club events.
- Members and guests are required to wear helmets on club rides.
- Minor children on club rides must be accompanied and supervised by a parent or guardian at all times.
- Members are responsible for the conduct of their guests.
- Each ride will have a trip leader. To become a ride leader, the member must approved by a majority of the club officers. The trip leader is responsible for:
- Planning the ride.
- Providing directions and information about the ride in time for publication in the newsletter.
- Making sure all members and guests sign an Acknowledgment of Risk and provide emergency contact information before the ride begins and reminding the riders about club ride guidelines.
- Leading the ride with regard to the safety of the riders.
- Writing an article about the ride in a timely manner for the club newsletter.
- The club shall have a newsletter, sent by e-mail or regular mail.
- Riders must be 16 years of age or older in order to be an operator of a motorized vehicle on the club rides.
- Riders of any age are not allowed to ride two-up on a vehicle unless the vehicle is manufactured as a two-up machine or side by side.